A short trick how to quickly connect to Azure Windows Virtual Machines with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP). Watch how easy and fast it is to connect to your virtual machines in Azure.
- First of all, you need to sign in to the Azure portal, if you are not registered you can do it via http://azure.com/free.
- On the left menu, select Virtual Machines.
- Select the virtual machine from the list.
- On the top of the page for the virtual machine, select Connect.
- On the Connect to virtual machine page, select the appropriate options and select Download RDP file.
- Open the downloaded RDP file and select Connect when prompted.
- You will get a warning that the .rdp file is from an unknown publisher. In the Remote Desktop Connection window, select Connect to continue.
- In the Windows Security window, select More choices and then Use a different account. Enter the credentials for an account on the virtual machine and then select OK.
- Enter your credentials and select Yes to verify the identity of the virtual machine and finish logging on. If the error below is presented, check the inbound rule, and add allow for 3389.
Note: If you can’t connect to Windows VMs using RDP you should check the following configuration
For any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.